The Devil went down to Georgetown
Kathleen Sebelius, Catholic public enemy no. 2, to speak at Georgetown University.
If it were a song it would be called, "The Devil Went Down to Georgetown." But this isn't a song - it's reality. Kathleen Sebelius, who has openly dissented from the teaching of the Church and drawn the ire of so many Catholics and other Christians, has been invited to speak at an awards ceremony at the supposedly Catholic Georgetown University in Washington DC.
Sebelius is a rare breed of Catholic, she has been warned by her bishop against receiving communion for her participation and advocacy in encouraging and facilitating contraceptive use, sterilizations, abortifacients, and abortions. So she has already placed herself outside of the communion of the Church by her own actions under Canon law. Her next step may be a more formal excommunication if she persists to flagrantly act against the Church she claims to belong to in the name of advancing an evil, secular agenda.
Unfortunately, Georgetown is not such a rare breed of Catholic university, infected with the evil of moral relativism, which is common it seems in public schools, but should be unheard of in Catholic.
Georgetown announced Sebelius's invitation on Friday afternoon via blog post. "This afternoon," the post reads, "Georgetown announced the speakers for each school's commencement address. Here is the list." Sebelius appears as number 13 on a list of 15 speakers.
The school later clarified that she would not be speaking at a commencement where degrees would be conferred, but rather at an awards ceremony.
Burying her name on the list and diminishing the importance of her address does little to assuage the ire of faithful Catholics who find the invitation at best to be in poor taste, if not downright infuriating.
Kathleen Sebelius has been under fire from the Church since her days as an anti-life governor of Kansas, and later as the Secretary of Health and Human Services for President Obama. In August, she announced that nearly all health care plans would be required to provide women with sterilizations, contraceptives, abortifacients, for free.
Such an edict flies in the face of the First Amendment, religious freedom and good sense.
Her edict made no exception for religious institutions and individuals (it still doesn't) thus trampling underfoot the freedom of conscience of every American -- even those that would support the move. It is also an amazing feat of Orwellian doublespeak that drugs and procedures that are explicitly anti-life would be made available for free and called "health care" when if the same woman needed medication or a genuine life-saving procedure there would be at least a co-pay involved.
We have money to kill babies, but not to heal the sick. And the agent of this evil is awarded with a red-carpet platform at a Catholic university.
Catholics are angry at this stunt, and reasonably so. The high priests who should be trusted experts on the faith are metaphorically inviting the money changers into the temple. And this is just the latest in a disturbing trend.
Earlier in the year, Catholic Healthcare West, the largest Catholic hospital system in the western US secularized and became "Dignity Health." Although Dignity Health pledges they will remain faithful to Catholic doctrine, the institution is no longer a ministry of the Catholic church and no longer answers to the Church hierarchy in any way. The door is open - to evil.
And just last week a former Catholic priest in Australia announced he was living a double life as a married man and alleged that there were many others like him.
Catholics are tired of seeing their most sacred institutions, schools, hospitals, and churches being infiltrated by those whose agenda is evil. Pedophiles, liberal clergy, atheist administrators, and confusion amongst rank-and-file parishioners over what is right and wrong are clear evidence that the Church is at war.
Can there be any doubt that a battle royale rages between the agents of good and evil within the Church?
Catholics cannot rest while the devil goes down to Georgetown.
Please Share this story with your networks. Evil speaks to your children, but let the truth be louder.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- The New Evangelization: Exorcising the Demon of Obtuseness
- As he did in Argentina, Pope Francis walks the Roman streets at night to hand out money to needy
- Pope Francis' colorful past: he once worked as a nightclub bouncer
- Argentinean government nominates Pope Francis for Nobel Peace Prize
- Standing up to bullies, girl says, 'I have a tumor, that's all'
- Pope Francis sends young almoner to do charity in the streets, and possibly sneaks out himself!
- Eternal Shadows or Shadow Makers? Read this inspiring tale of adventure!
- Pope Francis meets with Israel's Netanyahu
- 'King Money' has failed humanity, Pope Francis says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?