Jeremiah Wright - Obama offered 150k to keep quiet
Obama attempted to silence Wright.
In a bombshell revelation, Rev. Jeremiah Wright said Barack Obama asked him not to preach until after the 2008 election. According to a report the in New York Post and a follow up on The Blaze, Obama's staff offered money to the preacher if he would stop speaking until November.
Obama and his then pastor, Jeremiah Wright.
According to the New York Post, Obama told Wright that his preaching could hurt the presidential campaign. Obama's staff contacted Wright offering him $150,000 for his silence.
An interview taken from an unauthorized Obama biography, "The Amateur" by Edward Klein, describes Wright explaining Obama's attempt to bribe him.
"Who sent the e-mail?" I asked Wright.
"It was from one of Barack's closest friends."
"He offered you money?"
"Not directly," Wright said. "He sent the offer to one of the members of the church, who sent it to me."
"How much money did he offer you?"
"One hundred and fifty thousand dollars," Wright said.
According to Wright, Obama later visited him at his church, and asked him directly to stop speaking until after the election. Obama said, "I really wish you wouldn't do any more public speaking until after the November election. I wish you wouldn't speak. It's gonna hurt the campaign if you do that."
To which Wright replied, "I said, 'I don't see it that way. And anyway, how am I supposed to support my family?"
"Well, I wish you wouldn't speak in public. The press is gonna eat you alive."
Despite the request, Wright wasn't silenced.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obama, Jeremiah Wright, bribe, campaign
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Attorney General approved warrant for Fox reporter's emails
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?