Ohio machine changes woman's vote to Obama, again and again...
Paper ballots encouraged.
Reports are coming in that voters may have issues with voting machines in Marion County, Ohio. Local media is reporting that Joan Stevens, a registered voter, was attempting to use a voting machine to cast her ballot for Mitt Romney when the machine kept changing her selection to Barack Obama.
Make sure it's you, and not the machine that's doing your voting.
The matter was eventually sorted out and the machine recalibrated.
Stevens was able to vote for her candidate of choice.
According to elections officials there, it now works properly. No other anomalies are being reported at this time.
The issue at hand is the accuracy and reliability of the machines, which could become a decisive factor in next Tuesday's elections. With the election expected to be very close, a few anomalies could throw the matter into disarray.
Many voters still remember the nightmare caused in 2000 when George W. Bush defeated Al Gore by a slim margin in Florida after a recount of that state's ballots.
Concerned voters are welcome to cast traditional, paper ballots and may also vote from home using an absentee ballot. Absentee ballots can then be mailed to elections officials or may even be hand-delivered to a polling station on Election Day.
Voters across the nation are expected to use electronic voting machines across the country. Voters are advised to check their selections carefully and to review their receipts if provided. Any anomalies or difficulties should be immediately reported to elections officials.
Perhaps the safest bet for now may be to stick with a traditional paper ballot, no matter where you live.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Ohio. voting machine, fraud, Obama
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Attorney General approved warrant for Fox reporter's emails
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?